Last Updated: December 1, 2019
- Through our website at www.chopfit.com (the “Site”),
- Through the fitness equipment made available by us for your use in workouts (the “Equipment”),
- Through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”),
BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE, AND TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR PROCESSING IN THE UNITED STATES AS PROVIDED FOR IN THIS POLICY.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual.
Collection of Personal Information
- Purchases. When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we may collect information from you including Personal Information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, billing address, phone number, and payment information, such as a credit card number and/or other related information that may be required from you to complete your purchase (“Financial Information”). We do not collect, store or maintain your Financial Information. When you make purchases through the Services, we process your payments through a Third-Party payment processor. In these instances, the Third-Party payment processor may collect certain Financial Information from you to process a payment on behalf of ChopFit, including your name, email address, address and other billing information in which case the use and storage of your Financial Information is governed by the Third-Party payment processor's terms, conditions and privacy policies. For more information on our use of Third-Party payment including the name(s) of the entities that we partner with, please reach out to us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
- Communications with Us. We may collect Personal Information from you such as your email address, phone number or mailing address, when you choose to request information about our Services, register to receive communications over email or text messaging, participate in promotions, or loyalty programs that we may offer from time to time, request to receive customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests, complete your purchases, and provide you with related customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, as well as marketing communications that we believe may be of interest.
- To personalize your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you, and to facilitate social sharing functionality.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities may have additional rules containing information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring, and prevention, developing new products, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding business activities.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- To allow third parties to offer or provide you goods and services through the Equipment.
- To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We may also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others. We may use, disclose or transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. Other Information we may collect includes:
- Browser type and version
- Mobile application phone type, version, and OS
- IP address
- Application usage data
- Machine usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity, or information that has been de-identified or aggregated in a manner that it no longer reveals your specific identity
- Application version
- Device identification number
- Connected peripheral information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your computer, mobile phone, or other device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Site functions properly.
- App usage data: When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect data such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer or mobile device by your Internet Service Provider.An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and, if applicable, the pages visited. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP Address.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section .
CHOICES AND ACCESS
You may contact us any time in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below to request any of the following:
- View or access what Personal Information we have about you, if any
- Change or correct any Personal Information we have about you
- Request us to delete any Personal Information we have about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of your Personal Information
If you are a resident of a member nation of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we wish to confirm for you the legal basis on which we process your Personal Information as required by the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). We only will use and process your Personal Information for the following lawful reasons:
- When it is necessary to process a transaction on your behalf or to perform under a contract. For example, if you purchase products from us, we will send you emails related to your order.
- When we have a legitimate business interest or compelled by legal requirements. For example, when we email you about products we have available that are related to your order with us.
As a resident of a member nation of the EEA, we also provide you with the following rights under as required by the GDPR:
- Right to Access of Personal Information: You may request confirmation regarding the purposes for which we have processed your Personal Information, as well as, access relevant information on that processing and what Personal Information is involved.
- Right to Receive Personal Information: You may request to receive the Personal Information that you have provided to us in a secure, portable manner or request that we transmit your Personal Information directly to a data controller that you identify to us.
- Right to Request Restriction of the Processing of Personal Information (Right to Withdraw Consent): You may request that we restrict our processing of Personal Information in certain situations such as when there is a discrepancy or mistake involving your Personal Information, or when you may oppose the deletion of your Personal Information, and instead, request an appropriate restriction on our use of your Personal Information. You also retain the right at any time to withdraw your consent to any processing of your Personal Information for purposes where you had previously consented (such as receiving direct marketing emails from us).
- Right to Object to Processing: You have the right to object to our processing of Personal Information in any situation where our processing is unlawful, or which may subject your personal freedoms, interests, or rights to prejudicial and irreparable harm; provided, however, that if Legal Requirements or other compelling legitimate business grounds apply in such circumstances, then these may override the impact of prejudicial and irreparable harm to your personal freedoms, interests, or rights and we may still process your Personal Information as needed.
- Right to Have Corrections Made to Personal Information: You have the right to request any lawful change or correction to Personal Information that you have provided to us.
- Right to Deletion of Personal Information: You have the right to ask us to delete your Personal Information to the full extent permitted by law and any Legal Requirements to which we are bound.
We will respond to your request to exercise these rights within a reasonable time (and in all cases within 30 days of receiving a request). In order to exercise any of these rights, please contact us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States.