Last Updated: May 20, 2021
We periodically update these terms. If you have an active ChopFit subscription and/or account, we will let you know when we do via an email or in-App or in-Service notification, and you can always access and review the most current version of this Agreement at the URL for this page. This Agreement hereby incorporates by this reference any additional terms and conditions posted by ChopFit through the Service, or otherwise made available to you by ChopFit.
You represent and warrant that you: (a) are of legal age to form a binding contract; (b) have the right, authority, and capacity to agree to and abide by this Agreement (whether on behalf of yourself or behalf of the organization that you represent); and (c) are not a person barred from using the Services under the laws of any applicable jurisdiction. THE SERVICES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR USERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18, AND SUCH USERS ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED FROM SUBMITTING ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION OR USING ANY ASPECT OF THE SERVICES, AND BY TAKING SUCH ACTIONS YOU AGREE, REPRESENT, AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
If you are an individual accessing or using the Service on behalf of, or for the benefit of, any corporation, partnership or other entity with which you are associated (an “Organization”), then you are agreeing to this Agreement on behalf of yourself and such Organization, and you represent and warrant that you have the legal authority to bind such Organization to this Agreement. References to “you” and “your” in this Agreement will refer to both the individual using the Service and to any such Organization. Please note that use of the Service by or on behalf of any Organization may also be subject to additional terms made available by ChopFit from time to time, which are hereby incorporated by this reference into this Agreement.
This Agreement contains a mandatory arbitration provision that, as further set forth in Section 25 below, requires the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or any other court proceedings, or class actions of any kind.
- Changes. We may change this Agreement from time to time by notifying you of such changes by any reasonable means, including by posting a revised Agreement through the Service. If you have an active ChopFit subscription and/or account, we will let you know when we do via an email or in-App or in-Service notification, and you can always access and review the most current version of this Agreement at the URL for this page. Any such changes will not apply to any dispute between you and us arising prior to the date on which we posted the revised Agreement incorporating such changes, or otherwise notified you of such changes.
Your use of the Service following any changes to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of such changes. The “Last Updated” legend above indicates when this Agreement was last changed. We encourage you to check the Service regularly to learn about changes to this Agreement. We may, at any time and without liability, modify or discontinue all or part of the Service (including access to any part of the Service via any third-party links); charge, modify or waive any fees required to use any part of the Service; or offer opportunities to some or all Service users.
- Jurisdictional Issues. The Service is controlled or operated (or both) from the United States (“U.S.”), and is not intended to subject ChopFit to any non-U.S. jurisdiction or law. The Service may not be appropriate or available for use in some non-U.S. jurisdictions. Any use of the Service is at your own risk, and you must comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in doing so. We may limit the Service’s availability at any time, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction that we choose.
- Age Requirement. You must be at least 18 years old to use the Service. We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or Organization and change the eligibility criteria at any time.
- Necessary Equipment. Full use of the Service is dependent upon your use of a computer with adequate software or a supported mobile device and Internet access. The maintenance and security of this equipment may influence the performance of the Service and it is your responsibility to ensure the equipment’s functionality. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges.
- Fitness-Related Content. The content and other material and services available through the Service may include photos, images, graphics, videos, exercise routines, audio, data, text, music, food logs, recipes, comments, software, works of authorship of any kind, exercise records or regimens and other media and other information, content, or other materials that are posted, generated, provided, or otherwise made available through the Service (collectively, “ChopFit Content”). If you rely on any ChopFit Content or the Service, you do so solely at your own risk. ChopFit Content, the Service, and its underlying technology are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, intellectual property, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. We reserve all rights not expressly set forth in this Agreement. You agree not to remove, change or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark, or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Service. Our logos and any other ChopFit trademarks that may appear on the Service, and the overall look and feel of the Service, including page headers, graphics, icons, and scripts, may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. Other trademarks, product, and service names and company names or logos mentioned on the Service are the property of their respective owners and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the permission of the applicable trademark holder.
- Posting your Content on the Service. ChopFit may enable you to post, upload, store, share, send, or display photos, images, video, data, text, music, exercise records or regimens, food logs, recipes, comments, and other information and content (“Your Content”) to and via the Service. You retain all rights to Your Content that you post to the Service. By making Your Content available on or through the Service you hereby grant to ChopFit a non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, modify, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, translate, create derivative works from, and distribute Your Content, in whole or in part, including your name and likeness, in any media. The rights you grant us in this Section 7 are only for the limited purpose of offering and improving the Service.
You are responsible for Your Content. You represent and warrant that you own Your Content or that you have all rights necessary to grant us a license to use Your Content as described in this Agreement.
You represent and warrant that Your Content, the use and provision of Your Content on the Service, and your use of the Service will not (a) infringe, misappropriate, or violate a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights, or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (b) violate, or encourage any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (c) be fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive; (d) be defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, or offensive; (e) promote discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment, or harm against any individual or group; (f) be violent or threatening or promote violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (g) promote illegal or harmful activities or substances.
You further agree not to (1) upload any content that contains software viruses or is designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any Equipment or services, or that contains other harmful, disruptive, or destructive files or content; (2) use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization, or impersonate any person or entity; (3) harvest, solicit, or collect information of other users for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, for sending unsolicited communications; (4) post, advertise, or promote products or services commercially, or upload any content that is advertising, promotional material, junk mail, spam, or a contest or sweepstake, or that furthers or promotes criminal activity; or (5) use the Service in any manner that, in our sole discretion, is objectionable or restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Service, or which may expose us or our users to any harm or liability of any type.
ChopFit may, in its sole discretion, alter, remove, or refuse to display any of Your Content, and may forbid you from posting, uploading, storing, sharing, sending, or displaying Your Content to and via the Service.
- Consult your Doctor Before Using the Service. The Service is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. You acknowledge and agree that ChopFit is not a healthcare provider or fitness instructor; that the Service (including any recommendations and any information available through the Service that may be personalized) may not be appropriate for you, and does not constitute or replace medical advice; and that ChopFit is not responsible for any results that may (or may not) be obtained from the use of the Service. You acknowledge and agree that it is your sole responsibility to consult with your personal physician regarding any medical condition, impairment or disability that may prevent or limit your ability to use the Service, including if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or lactating. If you experience a medical emergency, stop using the Service and consult with a medical professional. We are not responsible for any health problems that may result from training programs, consultations, products, or events you learn about through the Service. If you engage in any exercise program you receive or learn about through the Service, you agree that you do so at your own risk and are voluntarily participating in these activities. You further understand and agree that you are solely responsible for abiding by your personal physician’s recommendation as to any such medical restrictions, and for using the Service solely in accordance with your personal physician’s advice.
ChopFit reserves the right to refuse or cancel your use of Service if we determine that you have certain medical conditions or that the representations set forth above are untrue in any respect.
- Waiver. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to a variety of hazards and risks, foreseen or unforeseen, including risks that arise as a result of entering a gym space or any other space or environment in which the Service is made available, performing physical activity, and/or using the Equipment on which the Service is available. You understand that injuries or damage could occur by natural causes or activities of other persons, including the activities of other persons using such Equipment, or other third parties (including third-party fitness instructors and other exercise participants), whether as a result of negligence or otherwise. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you voluntarily assume all risk of loss, damage and injury to person or property that may arise from, or that is related to, your use of the Service, whether such risk is known or unknown to you.
You hereby waive and release ChopFit and the Affiliated Entities (as defined below), to the maximum extent permitted by law, from any claim, action, suit or demand arising out of or in connection with the use of the Services (including with respect to any physical injury or death). You acknowledge that neither ChopFit nor the Affiliated Entities will incur any obligation to you under any legal theory (including negligence) as a result of your use of the Service. You agree that this release is binding upon you and your heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns.
The foregoing release is intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist, with the intent of waiving, if applicable, the effect of California Civil Code Section 1542 (which states as follows: A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him or her, must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.) and other analogous laws or legal principles of any jurisdiction requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
Rules of Conduct. In connection with the Service and in addition to the rules set forth under Section 7 above regarding Your Content, you must not:
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Service or the servers or networks used to make the Service available, including by hacking or defacing any portion of the Service; or violate any requirement, procedure or policy of such servers or networks.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Service with his or her own ChopFit device.
- Reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, sell, rent, lease, loan, timeshare, distribute or otherwise exploit any portion of (or any use of) the Service except as expressly authorized herein, without ChopFit’s express prior written consent.
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Service, except where such restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Service.
- Frame or mirror any portion of the Service, or otherwise incorporate any portion of the Service into any product or service, without ChopFit’s express prior written consent.
- Systematically download and store Service content.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or otherwise gather Service content, or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service, without ChopFit’s express prior written consent.
- Products. The Service may make available listings, descriptions and images of goods (including, without limitation, the Equipment) or services or related coupons or discounts (collectively, “Products”), as well as references and links to Products. Such Products may be made available by ChopFit or by third parties, and may be made available for any purpose, including general information purposes. The availability through the Service of any listing, description or image of a Product does not imply our endorsement of such Product or affiliation with the provider of such Product. We make no representations as to the completeness, accuracy, reliability, validity or timeliness of such listings, descriptions or images (including any features, specifications and prices contained therein). Such information and the availability of any Product (including the validity of any coupon or discount) are subject to change at any time without notice. Certain weights, measures and similar descriptions are approximate and are for convenience only. We make reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of Products, including the applicable colors, however the actual colors you see will depend on your computer system, and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display such colors. It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal and foreign laws (including minimum age requirements) regarding the purchase, possession and use of any Product.
- Transactions. We may make available the ability to purchase or otherwise obtain certain Products through the Service (a “Transaction”). If you wish to make a Transaction, you may be asked to supply certain relevant information, such as your credit card number and its expiration date, your billing address and your shipping information. You represent and warrant that you have the right to use any credit card that you submit in connection with a Transaction. By submitting such information, you grant to us the right to provide such information to third parties for purposes of facilitating Transactions. Verification of information may be required prior to the acknowledgment or completion of any Transaction. By making a Transaction, you represent that the applicable Products will be used only in a lawful manner.
ChopFit reserves the right, including without prior notice, to limit the available quantity of or discontinue making available any Product; to impose conditions on the honoring of any coupon, discount or similar promotion; to bar any user from making any Transaction; and to refuse to provide any user with any Product. Refunds and exchanges will be subject to ChopFit’s applicable refund and exchange policies. You agree to pay all charges incurred by you or on your behalf through the Service, at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred, including all shipping and handling charges. In addition, you are responsible for any taxes applicable to your Transactions. While it is our practice to confirm orders by e-mail, the receipt of an e-mail order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product or service.
Products will be shipped to an address designated by you, if applicable, so long as such address is complete and complies with the shipping restrictions contained on the Service. All Transactions are made pursuant to a shipment contract and, as a result, risk of loss and title for Products pass to you upon delivery of the Products to the carrier. You are responsible for filing any claims with carriers for damaged and/or lost shipments.
- Subscriptions. Certain features, functionalities and other aspects of the Services may be available only through a separate program (the “Subscription Program”) for users with a valid subscription. The fee for the Subscription Program (the “Subscription Fee”) may be available on the Site or in Apps, plus any applicable taxes, and is non-refundable. ChopFit may, in its sole and absolute discretion, change the Subscription Fee from time to time. ChopFit may, in its sole and absolute discretion, assign or change certain details of the Subscription Program, including term length, payment structure, renewal terms, the ability to cancel and refundability.
ChopFit reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to exclude any individual(s) or Organizations from the Subscription Program or to terminate any subscription, for any reason, including abuse of the Subscription Program, failure to comply with this Agreement, or fraud, misrepresentation or other conduct detrimental to the interests of ChopFit. Any such exclusion or termination may affect eligibility for further participation in the Subscription Program. Enrollment and participation in the Subscription Program are voluntary, optional and not required to complete any transaction or sale, including, but not limited to, any credit or debit card transaction.
- Registration; Usernames and Passwords. You may need to register to use all or part of the Service. We may reject, or require that you change, any username (which may be your email address), password or other information that you provide to us in registering. Your username and password are for your personal use only and should be kept confidential; you, and not ChopFit, are responsible for choosing a secure password and for any use or misuse of your user name or password, and you must promptly notify us of any confidentiality breach or unauthorized use of your username or password, or your Service account. You are solely responsible for all use of the Service by any other users who access the Service through you or your ChopFit Equipment.
- Profiles and Forums. Service visitors may make available certain materials (each, a “Submission”) through or in connection with the Service, including on profile pages or on the Service’s interactive services, such as message boards and other forums, and chatting, commenting and other messaging functionality. ChopFit has no control over and is not responsible for any use or misuse (including any distribution) by any third party of Submissions. If you choose to make any of your personally identifiable or other information publicly available through the Service, you do so at your own risk.
- License. For purposes of clarity, you retain ownership of your Submissions. For each Submission, you hereby grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid-up, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable and fully sublicensable (through multiple tiers) license, without additional consideration to you or any third party, to reproduce, distribute, perform and display (publicly or otherwise), create derivative works of, adapt, modify and otherwise use, analyze and exploit such Submission, in any format or media now known or hereafter developed, and for any purpose (including promotional purposes, such as testimonials).
In addition, if you provide to us any ideas, proposals, suggestions or other materials (“Feedback”), whether related to the Service or otherwise, such Feedback will be deemed a Submission, and you hereby acknowledge and agree that such Feedback is not confidential, and that your provision of such Feedback is gratuitous and without restriction, and does not place ChopFit under any fiduciary or other obligation.
You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant the licenses granted in this section, and that your Submissions, and your provision thereof through and in connection with the Service, are complete and accurate, and are not fraudulent, tortious or otherwise in violation of any applicable law or any right of any third party. You further irrevocably waive any “moral rights” or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding each Submission that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory.
- Monitoring. We may (but have no obligation to) monitor, evaluate, alter or remove Submissions and/or Your Content before or after they appear on the Service, or analyze your access to or use of the Service. Subject to our , we may disclose information regarding your access to and use of the Service, and the circumstances surrounding such access and use, to anyone for any reason or purpose.
- Your Limited Rights. Parts of the Service may be licensed (not sold) to end users. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, and solely for so long as you are permitted by ChopFit to use the Service, we hereby permit you, on a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable basis, to install and use the Apps on a mobile device that you own or control, solely for your personal, non-commercial use. If you fail to comply with any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement, you must immediately cease using the Service, and remove (that is, uninstall and delete) the Apps from your mobile device.
- Third Party Materials; Links. Certain Service functionality may make available access to information, products, services and other materials made available by third parties, including without limitation Submissions and/or Your Content (“Third Party Materials”), or allow for the routing or transmission of such Third Party Materials, including via links. By using such functionality, you are directing us to access, route and transmit to you the applicable Third Party Materials.
We neither control nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, any Third Party Materials, including the accuracy, validity, timeliness, completeness, reliability, integrity, quality, legality, usefulness or safety of Third Party Materials, or any intellectual property rights therein. Certain Third Party Materials may, among other things, be inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to be a representation or warranty by ChopFit with respect to any Third Party Materials. We have no obligation to monitor Third Party Materials, and we may block or disable access to any Third Party Materials (in whole or part) through the Service at any time. In addition, the availability of any Third Party Materials through the Service does not imply our endorsement of, or our affiliation with, any provider of such Third Party Materials, nor does such availability create any legal relationship between you and any such provider.
Your use of Third Party Materials is at your own risk and is subject to any additional terms, conditions and policies applicable to such Third Party Materials (such as terms of service or privacy policies of the providers of such Third Party Materials).
- Disclaimer of Warranties. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW: (A) THE SERVICE AND ANY PRODUCTS AND THIRD PARTY MATERIALS ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN “AS IS,” “WHERE IS” AND “WHERE AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY; AND (B) CHOPFIT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE AND ANY PRODUCTS AND THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND TITLE UNLESS EXPRESSLY NOTED IN THE CHOPFIT LIMITED WARRANTY, WHICH IS AVAILABLE AT HTTPS://WWW.CHOPFIT.COM/WARRANTY. All disclaimers of any kind (including in this section and elsewhere in this Agreement) are made for the benefit of both ChopFit and its affiliates and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers (collectively, the “Affiliated Entities”), and their respective successors and assigns.
While we try to maintain the timeliness, integrity and security of the Service, we do not guarantee that the Service is or will remain updated, complete, correct or secure, or that access to the Service will be uninterrupted. The Service may include inaccuracies, errors and materials that violate or conflict with this Agreement. Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations to the Service. If you become aware of any such alteration, contact us at email@example.com with a description of such alteration and its location on the Service.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW: (A) CHOPFIT WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE OR DATA, LOSS OF OTHER INTANGIBLES, LOSS OF SECURITY OF SUBMISSIONS (INCLUDING UNAUTHORIZED INTERCEPTION BY THIRD PARTIES OF ANY SUBMISSIONS), EVEN IF ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES; (B) WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, CHOPFIT WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR FROM ANY PRODUCTS OR THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, INCLUDING FROM ANY VIRUS THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH, OR FROM CHOPFIT’S TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT; (C) YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICE OR ANY PRODUCTS OR THIRD PARTY MATERIALS IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICE; AND (D) THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF CHOPFIT FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE THE GREATER OF (A) THE TOTAL AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO CHOPFIT TO USE THE SERVICE WITHIN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING THE DATE OF THE APPLICABLE CLAIM; AND (B) TEN U.S. DOLLARS ($10). All limitations of liability of any kind (including in this section and elsewhere in this Agreement) are made for the benefit of both ChopFit and the Affiliated Entities, and their respective successors and assigns.
- Indemnity. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless ChopFit and the Affiliated Entities, and their respective successors and assigns, from and against all claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses and fees (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to (a) any use of, or activities in connection with, the Service (including all Submissions) by you, and/or any other person who uses the Service through you or your ChopFit device; and (b) any violation or alleged violation of this Agreement by you.
- Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. ChopFit may terminate or suspend your use of the Service at any time and without prior notice, for any or no reason, including if ChopFit believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement. Upon any such termination or suspension, your right to use the Service will immediately cease, and ChopFit may, without liability to you or any third party, immediately deactivate or delete your user name, password and account, and all associated materials, without any obligation to provide any further access to such materials. Sections 2–12, 15–18 and 19–32 shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
- Governing Law; Arbitration. The terms of this Agreement are governed by the laws of the United States (including federal arbitration law) and the State of Texas, U.S.A., without regard to its principles of conflicts of law, and regardless of your location. Except for disputes that qualify for small claims court, all disputes arising out of or related to this Agreement or any aspect of the relationship between you and ChopFit, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory, will be resolved through final and binding arbitration before a neutral arbitrator instead of in a court by a judge or jury and you agree that ChopFit and you are each waiving the right to trial by a jury. Such disputes include, without limitation, disputes arising out of or relating to interpretation or application of this arbitration provision, including the enforceability, revocability or validity of the arbitration provision or any portion of the arbitration provision. All such matters shall be decided by an arbitrator and not by a court or judge.
You agree that any arbitration under this Agreement will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted and you are agreeing to give up the ability to participate in a class action. Further, if the parties’ dispute is resolved through arbitration, the arbitrator may not consolidate another person’s claims with your claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
You may opt out of this Agreement to arbitrate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your first name, last name, and address within thirty (30) days of accepting this Agreement to arbitrate, with a statement that you decline this arbitration agreement.
The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules, as amended by this Agreement. The Consumer Arbitration Rules are available online at https://www.adr.org/consumer. The arbitrator will conduct hearings, if any, by teleconference or videoconference, rather than by personal appearances, unless the arbitrator determines upon request by you or by us that an in-person hearing is appropriate. Any in-person appearances will be held at a location which is reasonably convenient to both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances. If the parties are unable to agree on a location, such determination should be made by the AAA or by the arbitrator. The arbitrator’s decision will follow the terms of this Agreement and will be final and binding. The arbitrator will have authority to award temporary, interim or permanent injunctive relief or relief providing for specific performance of this Agreement, but only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by the individual claim before the arbitrator. The award rendered by the arbitrator may be confirmed and enforced in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, nothing in this Agreement will preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state or local agencies and, if the law allows, they can seek relief against us for you.
- Filtering. We hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available through this Wikipedia page. Please note that ChopFit does not endorse any of the products or services listed on such site.
- Information or Complaints. If you have a question or complaint regarding the Service, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email correspondence with us.
- Copyright Infringement Claims. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials available on the Service infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send to ChopFit a written notice by mail, email or fax, requesting that ChopFit remove such material or block access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send to ChopFit a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See http://www.copyright.gov/ for details. Notices and counter-notices must be sent in writing to ChopFit’s Copyright Agent as follows: By mail to ChopFit Copyright Agent, 2093 Philadelphia Pike #1015, Claymont, DE 19703 ; or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a DMCA notice or counter-notice.
- Export Controls. You are responsible for complying with United States export controls and for any violation of such controls, including any United States embargoes or other federal rules and regulations restricting exports. You represent, warrant and covenant that you are not (a) located in, or a resident or a national of, any country subject to a U.S. government embargo or other restriction, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country; or (b) on any of the U.S. government lists of restricted end users.
App-Specific Terms. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, ChopFit grants to you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license, with no right to sublicense, to download and install a copy of the App on a mobile device or computer that you own or control and to run such copy of the App solely for your own personal non-commercial purposes. You may not copy the App, except for making a reasonable number of copies for backup or archival purposes. Except as expressly permitted in this Agreement, you may not: (i) copy, modify or create derivative works based on the App; (ii) distribute, transfer, sublicense, lease, lend or rent the App to any third party; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the App; or (iv) make the functionality of the App available to multiple users through any means. ChopFit reserves all rights in and to the App not expressly granted to you under this Agreement.
The following terms apply to any App accessed through or downloaded from any app store or distribution platform (including the App Store provided by Apple, Inc. or Google Play provided by Google LLC) where the App may now or in the future be made available (each an “App Provider”). You acknowledge and agree that:
- These Terms are between you and ChopFit, and not with the App Provider, and ChopFit (not the App Provider), is solely responsible for the App.
- The App Provider has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
- In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the App Provider, and the App Provider will refund the purchase price for the App to you (if applicable) and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Provider will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. Any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of ChopFit.
- The App Provider is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App or your possession and use of the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- In the event of any third party claim that the App or your possession and use of that App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, ChopFit will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by this Agreement.
- The App Provider and its affiliates are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms as related to your license to the App, and that, upon your acceptance of the Terms, the App Provider will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms as related to your license of the App against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
- You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a terrorist-supporting country; (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties; and (iii) you are not otherwise subject to or affected in any way by any national security or terrorism related rules whether applicable to you personally or to your location or other circumstances.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement does not, and shall not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and ChopFit. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision. You may not assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our express prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of our rights or obligations under this Agreement without restriction. No waiver by either party of any breach or default under this Agreement will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is for convenience only, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision. All terms defined in the singular shall have the same meanings when used in the plural, where appropriate and unless otherwise specified. Any use of the term “including” or variations thereof in this Agreement shall be construed as if followed by the phrase “without limitation.” This Agreement, including any terms and conditions incorporated herein, is the entire agreement between you and ChopFit relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and ChopFit relating to such subject matter. Notices to you (including notices of changes to this Agreement) may be made via posting to the Service or by e-mail (including in each case via links), or by regular mail. Without limitation, a printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. ChopFit will not be responsible for any failure to fulfill any obligation due to any cause beyond its control.
- Force Majeure. Neither Party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performance under this Agreement (other than for delay in the payment of money due and payable in accordance with these terms) for causes beyond the party’s reasonable control and not caused by that party’s fault, or negligence, including, but not limited to, “acts of God”, acts of government, flood, fire, civil unrest, acts of terror, strikes or other labor problems, computer attacks or malicious acts, such as attacks on or through the internet, any internet service provider, telecommunications or hosting facility, but in each case, only if and to the extent that the non-performing party is without fault in causing such failure or delay, and the failure or delay could not have been prevented by reasonable precautions and measures and cannot reasonably be circumvented by the non-conforming party through the use of alternate sources, workaround plans, disaster recovery, business continuity measures or other means. Dates by which performance obligations are scheduled to be met will be extended for a period of time equal to the time lost due to any delay so caused.
SMS/MMS MOBILE MESSAGE MARKETING PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
User Opt In: The Program allows Users to receive SMS/MMS mobile messages by affirmatively opting into the Program, such as through online or application-based enrollment forms. Regardless of the opt-in method you utilized to join the Program, you agree that this Agreement applies to your participation in the Program. By participating in the Program, you agree to receive autodialed or prerecorded marketing mobile messages at the phone number associated with your opt-in, and you understand that consent is not required to make any purchase from Us. While you consent to receive messages sent using an autodialer, the foregoing shall not be interpreted to suggest or imply that any or all of Our mobile messages are sent using an automatic telephone dialing system (“ATDS” or “autodialer”). Message and data rates may apply.
User Opt Out: If you do not wish to continue participating in the Program or no longer agree to this Agreement, you agree to reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT to any mobile message from Us in order to opt out of the Program. You may receive an additional mobile message confirming your decision to opt out. You understand and agree that the foregoing options are the only reasonable methods of opting out. You also understand and agree that any other method of opting out, including, but not limited to, texting words other than those set forth above or verbally requesting one of our employees to remove you from our list, is not a reasonable means of opting out.
Duty to Notify and Indemnify: If at any time you intend to stop using the mobile telephone number that has been used to subscribe to the Program, including canceling your service plan or selling or transferring the phone number to another party, you agree that you will complete the User Opt Out process set forth above prior to ending your use of the mobile telephone number. You understand and agree that your agreement to do so is a material part of these terms and conditions. You further agree that, if you discontinue the use of your mobile telephone number without notifying Us of such change, you agree that you will be responsible for all costs (including attorneys’ fees) and liabilities incurred by Us, or any party that assists in the delivery of the mobile messages, as a result of claims brought by individual(s) who are later assigned that mobile telephone number. This duty and agreement shall survive any cancellation or termination of your agreement to participate in any of our Programs.
YOU AGREE THAT YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD US HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM YOUR FAILURE TO NOTIFY US OF A CHANGE IN THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED, INCLUDING ANY CLAIM OR LIABILITY UNDER THE TELEPHONE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT, 47 U.S.C. § 227, et seq., OR SIMILAR STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS, AND ANY REGULATIONS PROMULGATED THEREUNDER RESULTING FROM US ATTEMPTING TO CONTACT YOU AT THE MOBILE TELEPHONE NUMBER YOU PROVIDED.
Program Description: Without limiting the scope of the Program, users that opt into the Program can expect to receive messages concerning the marketing and sale of digital and physical products, services, and events.
Cost and Frequency: Message and data rates may apply. The Program involves recurring mobile messages, and additional mobile messages may be sent periodically based on your interaction with Us.
Support Instructions: For support regarding the Program, text “HELP” to the number you received messages from or email us at email@example.com. Please note that the use of this email address is not an acceptable method of opting out of the program. Opt outs must be submitted in accordance with the procedures set forth above.
MMS Disclosure: The Program will send SMS TMs (terminating messages) if your mobile device does not support MMS messaging.
Our Disclaimer of Warranty: The Program is offered on an "as-is" basis and may not be available in all areas at all times and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other changes made by your wireless carrier. We will not be liable for any delays or failures in the receipt of any mobile messages connected with this Program. Delivery of mobile messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator and is outside of Our control. T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undelivered mobile messages.
Participant Requirements: You must have a wireless device of your own, capable of two-way messaging, be using a participating wireless carrier, and be a wireless service subscriber with text messaging service. Not all cellular phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions.
Age Restriction: You may not use of engage with the Platform if you are under thirteen (13) years of age. If you use or engage with the Platform and are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) years of age, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to do so. By using or engaging with the Platform, you acknowledge and agree that you are not under the age of thirteen (13) years, are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) and have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use or engage with the Platform, or are of adult age in your jurisdiction. By using or engaging with the Platform, you also acknowledge and agree that you are permitted by your jurisdiction’s Applicable Law to use and/or engage with the Platform.
Prohibited Content: You acknowledge and agree to not send any prohibited content over the Platform. Prohibited content includes:
- Any fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing, or stalking activity;
- Objectionable content, including profanity, obscenity, lasciviousness, violence, bigotry, hatred, and discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- Pirated computer programs, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other harmful code;
- Any product, service, or promotion that is unlawful where such product, service, or promotion thereof is received;
- Any content that implicates and/or references personal health information that is protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) or the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (“HITEC” Act); and
- Any other content that is prohibited by Applicable Law in the jurisdiction from which the message is sent.
Dispute Resolution: In the event that there is a dispute, claim, or controversy between you and Us, or between you and Stodge, LLC d/b/a Postscript or any other third-party service provider acting on Our behalf to transmit the mobile messages within the scope of the Program, arising out of or relating to federal or state statutory claims, common law claims, this Agreement, or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, such dispute, claim, or controversy will be, to the fullest extent permitted by law, determined by arbitration in Claymont, Delaware before one arbitrator.
The parties agree to submit the dispute to binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) then in effect. Except as otherwise provided herein, the arbitrator shall apply the substantive laws of the Federal Judicial Circuit in which ChopFit’s principle place of business is located, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. Within ten (10) calendar days after the arbitration demand is served upon a party, the parties must jointly select an arbitrator with at least five years’ experience in that capacity and who has knowledge of and experience with the subject matter of the dispute. If the parties do not agree on an arbitrator within ten (10) calendar days, a party may petition the AAA to appoint an arbitrator, who must satisfy the same experience requirement. In the event of a dispute, the arbitrator shall decide the enforceability and interpretation of this arbitration agreement in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”). The parties also agree that the AAA’s rules governing Emergency Measures of Protection shall apply in lieu of seeking emergency injunctive relief from a court. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding, and no party shall have rights of appeal except for those provided in section 10 of the FAA. Each party shall bear its share of the fees paid for the arbitrator and the administration of the arbitration; however, the arbitrator shall have the power to order one party to pay all or any portion of such fees as part of a well-reasoned decision. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have the authority to award attorneys’ fees only to the extent expressly authorized by statute or contract. The arbitrator shall have no authority to award punitive damages and each party hereby waives any right to seek or recover punitive damages with respect to any dispute resolved by arbitration. The parties agree to arbitrate solely on an individual basis, and this agreement does not permit class arbitration or any claims brought as a plaintiff or class member in any class or representative arbitration proceeding. Except as may be required by law, neither a party nor the arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, or results of any arbitration without the prior written consent of both parties, unless to protect or pursue a legal right. If any term or provision of this Section is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Section or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. If for any reason a dispute proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the parties hereby waive any right to a jury trial. This arbitration provision shall survive any cancellation or termination of your agreement to participate in any of our Programs.
Miscellaneous: You warrant and represent to Us that you have all necessary rights, power, and authority to agree to these Terms and perform your obligations hereunder, and nothing contained in this Agreement or in the performance of such obligations will place you in breach of any other contract or obligation. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein will not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. Any new features, changes, updates or improvements of the Program shall be subject to this Agreement unless explicitly stated otherwise in writing. We reserve the right to change this Agreement from time to time. Any updates to this Agreement shall be communicated to you. You acknowledge your responsibility to review this Agreement from time to time and to be aware of any such changes. By continuing to participate in the Program after any such changes, you accept this Agreement, as modified.